Steve Wood's 2004 F-150
Growing up in Maine and Vermont, Steve Wood rocked out many a bar and tavern as the lead guitarist in a band with his brother. Reality set in when the duo moved to Virginia in 1981 and had to take full time jobs to make ends meet.
A couple of decades, a lovely wife and two great kids later, Steve’s traded in his axe for a gas-guzzling street machine he calls “Super Coupe.” He ordered his 2004 F-150 from Ford before the trucks were even on dealer lots. By the time he picked his truck up in April of 2004, his garage was stocked with all of the F150 truck accessories he could ever want. (Ok, that’s an exaggeration; you can never have enough F150 truck accessories!)
When he’s not winning truck shows in Virginia Beach or taking mountain biking trips with his family, Steve works full-time with his brother and is the webmaster for the Eastern Virginia Mountain bike Association and the President of The Virginia Beach F-150s truck club.
Having a family, a full-time job and two side gigs means that you’ve got to have dedication to put together a ride this sweet. Look out for his truck at the next show, he just might put you in your place (Second place, that is…).
If you’ve got a slick truck and think it should be featured here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you listed too.
Steve wants to thank the following people/businesses for helping to make this truck happen: Danny Etheridge From Visions Window Tinting, Va. Beach; Tom Hingle From Billet & Acrylic; Steve Gupta From Coverking; Steve Long, Master Motorhead Friend; Tim Chikenear, Chikenears Custom & Performance; Steve Smart From Billet Badges; Louis Ferrusi From Next Automotive Accessories; Stylin' Trucks for their GREAT service and support.
- 2004 Virginia Fall Classic (Mild Modding)
- 2004 Toys for tots (Mild Modding)
- 2005 Va.Beach Boardwalk show (More Modding, Bodykit etc)
- 2005 spring SouthEastern Virginia Mustang Club show (1st Place Truck and Best In Show)
- 34th and last annual Gloucester Auto Show (2nd Place 2000 & Up Truck, "1st place went to an all-factory Dodge Rumble Bee, I was robbed,everybody said so.")
- Khedive Shriners auto show.
- 2005 Mid Summer Pungo Off Road No Limits truck show. (1st place 2wd)
- Octane Magazines 1st annual show. (1st Place fullsize truck & a magazine feature)
- 2005 Mustang club of Virginia show. (1st Place Late model truck)
- 2005 Annual Ruritan Club Show.
- Fall 2005 South Eastern VA Club Show. (1st place again)
- Warwick high school fundraiser.
- XLT gauge cluster
- Nu Image GloFlame gauge face
- AutoMeter pillar pod w/ APC Inferno-style gauges
- Bully Truck Accessories flamed billet rear view mirror
- Pilot Motorsports chrome/red pedals
- Custom Coverking dark grey seat covers w/red centers and ford logos
- Ford Racing seatbelt shoulder pads
- Lloyd’s custom flint grey floor mats with red trim and embroidery reading “Super Coupe”
- Billet shift lever ends and console latch
- Polished billet heater knobs
- Red anodized fire extinguisher
- Wheelskins red/grey Italian leather steering wheel cover
- Red urethane steering wheel emblem
- Visions 22% window tint
- Eurodezign 8500k hyper blue 65watt fog light bulbs
- Autotechnica billet license plate frames w/Ford logo
- Carriage Works billet upper & lower grilles
- Billet wipers
- Billet Badges’ custom-made F150 badges
- Empire Motorsports’ chrome Ford logo antenna
- In-Pro Car Wear crystal eyes euro taillights
- Gaylord’s Traditional tonneau cover w/Speedstur spoiler
- GTS painted headlight covers
- Street Scene’s hidden hitch
- Painted calipers & rotors
- Plush bed rug kit by Bedrug
- Billet Industries’ polished billet gas door
- Purple Cranium chrome rear-end cover
- Reflexxion cobra cowl-induction hood
- Stainless Works door & tailgate handle overlays
- Street Scene Cal-Vu mirrors
- Street Scene Generation 1 body kit
- DJM 6" flip kit with 2" lift hangers for a 4" rear drop
- Roush Racing 2" drop front springs
- Stinger chrome digital battery terminals
- Billet engine dress-up parts from Chikenears
- DG Motorsports’ carbon fiber radiator cowl cover
- One dual-in/dual-out Flowmaster 50-series muffler
- Custom bent exhaust by Big Al
- Stainless DTM-style dual tips from Pilot Motorsports
- Volant cool air intake
- Billet & Acrylic Fantasies custom-made radio coverplate reading “Super Coupe”
- Coverking red/grey leather covering for sub cabinet
- Sony Xplode CDX-F5700 52x4 MP3 player
- Xplode 600 watt poweramp
- 4 Xplode 10" subs
- 4 Infinity Kappa 6x8s
- 20" rotary-forged polished Centerline Tomahawk XLs
- Toyo Proxes ST 255/50/20 rubber
From Steve - "The truck is still turning heads after 3 years. Won Best In Show & Best Interior at the Monsters On The Beach show last month, won it last year also. So far this season I've been to 4 shows and won Top 20 & Best Truck / 1st Place Late Model Truck / Best In Show & Best Interior and probably would have won another 1st place but it was a Participants Judging and i forgot to put my entry # on my window tag I was so tired from working the night before haha! Thanx for all your vendors' great products and support."
From Steve - "Finally got the steering wheel adapter constructed, what a task. bet you won't find too many people with a wheel like this on a 2004+ ford. Adapter was a chevy adapter cut out with a 04 steeringwheeel center cut out, drilled tapped,centered, reamed and installed by me."
Make sure you sign up for our e-mail newsletter to get exclusive coupons, deals, and announcements directly to your inbox.